* ada and Macintosh
@ 1997-02-25  0:00 Chris Williams
From: Chris Williams @ 1997-02-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone out there know of any freeware or cheap (I'm a CPE student)
ada compiler out there?

* Re: ada and Macintosh
@ 1997-02-25  0:00 ` jim hopper
From: jim hopper @ 1997-02-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<willic2-2402971942570001@user-37kbbng.dialup.mindspring.com>
willic2@mail.auburn.edu (Chris Williams) writes:

> Does anyone out there know of any freeware or cheap (I'm a CPE student)
> ada compiler out there?

go to www.tenon.com and look at their codebuilder product. its ada95
for mac as well as c, c++, and java oh and objective c as well.

the full manual is online as html.

its $99.00

jim

* Re: ada and Macintosh
@ 1997-02-26  0:00 ` Scott Heller
From: Scott Heller @ 1997-02-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you find some thing for the Mac, please let me know. One alternative I
was thinking of is trying the Gnat compiler for linux. I will probably give
it a shot as soon as I get my hands on the reference release of MkLinux.

Scott

willic2@mail.auburn.edu wrote:

> Does anyone out there know of any freeware or cheap (I'm a CPE student)
> ada compiler out there?

* Re: ada and Macintosh
@ 1997-03-02  0:00 ` Corey Minyard
From: Corey Minyard @ 1997-03-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

sheller@cygnus.rsabbs.com (Scott Heller) writes:

> If you find some thing for the Mac, please let me know. One alternative I
> was thinking of is trying the Gnat compiler for linux. I will probably give
> it a shot as soon as I get my hands on the reference release of MkLinux.

You will not be able to do it for MkLinux yet becaues the threading
stuff is not yet working.  I thought about doing a port of
Linuxthreads (which would then enable Gnat rather easily), but I
didn't because I am about to lose my Mac at work.  I am not sure if
clone() is working for MkLinux, either.

--
Corey Minyard               Internet:  minyard@acm.org
  Work: minyard@nortel.ca       UUCP:  minyard@wf-rch.cirr.com

* Re: ada and Macintosh
@ 1997-03-03  0:00   ` Laurent Gasser
From: Laurent Gasser @ 1997-03-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are you aware of Tenon's offer of MachTen?  I own CodeBuilder and it is a BSD
Unix environment for PowerMac at a fairly inexpensive price.  It offers Ada 95,
gcc, g77, Java, Perl. Tasking are working.

http://www.tenon.com/products/codebuilder/

--
Laurent Gasser (lga@sma.ch)
Computers do not solve problems, they execute solutions.