From: Simon Wright <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Ada library, interfacing ADA with C
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:42:18 +0000
Date: 2007-12-19T12:42:18+00:00	[thread overview]

david-mamour@hotmail.fr writes:

> I read the gnat manual and it is said that i can use gnatmake and a
> project library.
> So I use gnatmake:
> $  gnatmake -Pmy_lib.gpr

I think you should use powerpc-eabispe-gnatmake (? note the second -,
like the other commands, not powerpc-eabispegnatmake as you have
below) instead of plain gnatmake.

> I get the following message:
>

> powerpc-eabispe-gnatbind -n -o b~lib.adb -Llib prog1.ali prog2.ali
> powerpc-eabispe-gcc -c b~lib.adb
>

> building static library for project my_lib
> powerpc-eabispegnatmake:  powerpc-elf-ar not found in path.

Very odd since you presumably have powerpc-eabispe-as. Perhaps the
bintools build failed for some reason? Can you do a plain build
to produce an executable (hello_world.adb or some such)?

> In fact I haven't powerpc-elf-ar on my computer, so i created a link
> to it with :
> ln -s powerpc-eabispe-ar powerpc-elf-ar
> But the problem is the same and all my PATH are good.

I'm not sure that the path used by x-gnatmake is necessarily the same
as that used by ordinary calls, did you put this symlink in the same
place as the other powerpc-eabispe- tools?

> My project library my_lib.gpr
>

> /******** Library project*****/
> project My_Lib is
>   for Source_Dirs use ("SRC");
>   for Object_Dir use "CGN";
>   for Library_Name use "lib";
>   for Library_Dir use "LIB";
>   for Library_Kind use "static";
> end My_lib;
>

> Because it didn't work, i tried to create a library with the
> following
> command:
> powerpc-eabispe-ar rc libmy_lib.a prog1.o prog2.o
>

> but there is an other problem because gnatlink ask me to supply an
> ALI file which has a corresponding bind file so I can't create an
> executable.  Could you say me how must I use a library file with
> gnatlink (which command use) ?

The same ones that gnatmake told you it was using, as above! (use
gnatmake -v for more info if you weren't already).