From: Simon Wright <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: QtAda preview available
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:36:42 +0100
Date: 2007-04-14T21:36:42+01:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:

> Dirk Heinrichs writes:

>>  ../../adacompiler -c -O0 -gnat05 -gnatW8 -gnatyaAbcdefhikmoprstux -gnatwae -I. -I.
>> qt4-child_events-constructors.adb  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/qt4-child_events-constructors.o
>> gnat1: invalid switch: y
>                          ^ The compiler is complaining about the
> -gnaty switch.  Please check that all the sub-switches after -gnaty
> are supported by this version of gnat.  It is possible that Vadim used
> switches that are only available in GNAT GPL or GNAT Pro.

With gnat-gpl-2006 on Mac OS X I get eg

   $ gnatmake -g -gnat05 dbprog -f -gnatyXgcc -c -g -gnat05 -gnatyX dbprog.adb
   gnat1: bad -gnaty switch (invalid style switch:X)
   gnatmake: "dbprog.adb" compilation error

which is different .. yes, 4.0.0 says

   $ GNAT_PREFIX=/opt/4.0.0 gnatmake -g -gnat05 dbprog -f -gnatyX
   gcc -c -g -gnat05 -gnatyX dbprog.adb
   gnat1: invalid switch: y
   gnatmake: "dbprog.adb" compilation error

> You may want to just remove -gnaty.... , as this switch is only
> useful for the author of the software.

but you ought to be using it for your own software. Much easier,
though, to just say -gnaty and be done with it! So what if your lines
are restricted to 79 characters, I say, with any luck you can get 2
editor windows side-by-side and see even more code at once ..

That A in the original set looks odd. Try gnatmake -h to see your
legal set.

-gnatwae turns on most optional warnings (good) and treats them as
 errors (harsh).

--S