* how to increase the size of stacks
@ 2007-11-28 20:08 amado.alves
From: amado.alves @ 2007-11-28 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

1. I want to increase the GNAT.Spitbol stack. This is a constant on "g-
spipat.ads" How to I recompile this unit? Do I really need to go
through all the steps in the Makefile.adalib (see below)? Compile the
WHOLE lib? Just for a change in a single constant in a single unit? (I
guess so.) Any easier way?

2. Does Gnatmake have an option to increase the stack size of the
executable?

Thanks a lot.

# This Makefile requires Gnu make.
# Here is how to use this Makefile
#
# 1. Create a new directory (say adalib)
#    e.g.  $ mkdir adalib
#          $ cd adalib
#
# 2. Copy this Makefile from the standard Adalib directory, e.g.
#    $ cp /usr/local/gnat/lib/gcc-lib/<target>/<version>/adalib/
Makefile.adalib .
#
# 3. If needed (e.g for pragma Normalize_Scalars), create a gnat.adc
#    containing the configuration pragmas you want to use to build the
library
#    e.g. $ echo pragma Normalize_Scalars; > gnat.adc
#    Note that this step is usually not needed, and most pragmas are
not
#    relevant to the GNAT run time.
#
# 4. Determine the values of the following MACROS
#      ROOT   (location of GNAT installation, e.g /usr/local/gnat)
#    and optionnally
#      CFLAGS (back end compilation flags such as -g -O2)
#      ADAFLAGS (front end compilation flags such as -gnatpgn)
#                *beware* the minimum value for this MACRO is -gnatpg
#                for proper compilation of the GNAT library
# 5a. If you are using a native compile, call make
#   e.g.  $ make -f Makefile.adalib ROOT=/usr/local/gnat CFLAGS="-g -
O0"
#
# 5b. If you are using a cross compiler, you need to define two
additional
#     MACROS:
#       CC    (name of the cross compiler)
#       AR    (name of the cross ar)
#
#   e.g.  $ make -f Makefile.adalib ROOT=/opt/gnu/gnat \
#     CFLAGS="-O2 -g -I/usr/wind/target/h" CC=powerpc-wrs-vxworks-gcc
\
#     AR=arppc
#
# 6. put this new library on your Object PATH where you want to use it
# in place of the original one. This can be achieved for instance by
# updating the value of the environment variable ADA_OBJECTS_PATH

* Re: how to increase the size of stacks
@ 2007-11-28 20:52 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2007-11-28 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

amado.alves@gmail.com writes:

> 1. I want to increase the GNAT.Spitbol stack. This is a constant on "g-
> spipat.ads" How to I recompile this unit? Do I really need to go
> through all the steps in the Makefile.adalib (see below)? Compile the
> WHOLE lib? Just for a change in a single constant in a single unit? (I
> guess so.) Any easier way?

Modify a copy of g-spipat.ads in your compiler source path. Use
gnatmake -a.

* Re: how to increase the size of stacks
@ 2007-11-29  9:40   ` amado.alves
From: amado.alves @ 2007-11-29  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28 Nov, 20:52, Simon Wright <simon.j.wri...@mac.com> wrote:
> amado.al...@gmail.com writes:
> > 1. I want to increase the GNAT.Spitbol stack. This is a constant on "g-
> > spipat.ads" How to I recompile this unit? Do I really need to go
> > through all the steps in the Makefile.adalib (see below)? Compile the
> > WHOLE lib? Just for a change in a single constant in a single unit? (I
> > guess so.) Any easier way?
>
> Modify a copy of g-spipat.ads in your compiler source path. Use
> gnatmake -a.

Excellent!
And the program works now too!
Thanks a very great lot!