From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Should Ada runtime provide special primitives for cryptography?
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 22:12:04 -0500
Date: 2014-10-08T22:12:04-05:00	[thread overview]

"Georg Bauhaus" <bauhaus@futureapps.invalid> wrote in message
news:m0gh90$abp$1@dont-email.me...
> On 01.10.14 10:42, Natasha Kerensikova wrote:
>> I believe it would not be difficult for a compiler vendor to provide, as
>> part of the runtime, a zeroing procedure guaranteed to not be optimized
>> away
>
> Have you tried the Volatile aspect?

Right, Volatile provides the guarentees that are needed. In particular,
C.6(20) says that loads and stores of volatile objects can't be optimized,
and C.6(22/2) strongly suggests that the loads and stores are exactly of the
object and nothing else.

So there's no need for an AI; the capability has been in Ada since Ada 95.

                                      Randy.