* Use of c2ada by someone who does not know C
@ 2013-09-25 11:27 karhof21
From: karhof21 @ 2013-09-25 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

This question is for those who are familiar with c2ada.

Are there any limitations of c2ada? Or can we expect all C programs to be smoothly translated into Ada?

Is c2ada a useful tool for someone who does not know C at all, and who simply wants to translate C programs into Ada code?
Or is some knowledge of C required?

Finally, are comments preserved in the translated code?

Thanks

* Re: Use of c2ada by someone who does not know C
@ 2013-09-27 18:59 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2013-09-27 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

karhof21@gmail.com writes:

> This question is for those who are familiar with c2ada.
>
> Are there any limitations of c2ada? Or can we expect all C programs to
> be smoothly translated into Ada?
>
> Is c2ada a useful tool for someone who does not know C at all, and who
> simply wants to translate C programs into Ada code?
> Or is some knowledge of C required?
>
> Finally, are comments preserved in the translated code?

See my last comment on this subject [1]; this was in reply to someone
who couldn't get "hello, world" translated.

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.lang.ada/RwBY4aw3lQk/3EEiL_WypU8J