* Any Large Repositories Of Ada 95 Best Practices Code
@ 2018-01-24  7:47 MichaelD_4321@aol.com
From: MichaelD_4321@aol.com @ 2018-01-24  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are there any places on the Internet where I can find extensive lists of example Ada 95 code?

Specifically, I would like to find how to do all the fine intricate things in Ada 95! Most languages have these databases, so there has to be a few good ones for Ada 95.

Thank you,

Michael

* Re: Any Large Repositories Of Ada 95 Best Practices Code
@ 2018-01-24  8:39 ` bozovic.bojan
From: bozovic.bojan @ 2018-01-24  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 8:47:40 AM UTC+1, Michae...@aol.com wrote:
> Are there any places on the Internet where I can find extensive lists of example Ada 95 code?
>
> Specifically, I would like to find how to do all the fine intricate things in Ada 95! Most languages have these databases, so there has to be a few good ones for Ada 95.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Michael

A compiler you use should have sources of its run time library available, so it's the first place to look for examples of good code and programming techniques. As you want Ada 95 specifically, not newer versions of the standard, apart from materials on http://www.adaic.org/learn/materials/ you can look at the sources of GNAT 3.15/P compiler, which is in Ada 95 itself, as is the last AdaCore GMGPL (permissive license) release (apart from GNAT/Pro commercial product, of course) https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_P%20Sources/3.15/ also depending on what you wish to do, you can look at free source code of SourceForge and GitHub projects in Ada. I hope my answer will be of use to you even though I don't have much experience.

* Re: Any Large Repositories Of Ada 95 Best Practices Code
@ 2018-01-24  9:41 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2018-01-24  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

"MichaelD_4321@aol.com" <ashos.owner@gmail.com> writes:

> Are there any places on the Internet where I can find extensive lists
> of example Ada 95 code?

Not sure there'll be that many specifically Ada 95 resources; most will
be at least 2005, and some 2012. That said, most that were written for
Ada 95 will be OK with the newest compiler.

You need to compile with -gnat95 to use the earlier standard. I think
that even with this switch the standard library will still support some
newer features.

> Specifically, I would like to find how to do all the fine intricate
> things in Ada 95! Most languages have these databases, so there has to
> be a few good ones for Ada 95.

On GitHub, search for ada, then in the left column click on language
Ada. 1000+ projects.

On Sourceforge, search for ada, then in the left column check Ada under
Programming Language. 263 projects.

* Re: Any Large Repositories Of Ada 95 Best Practices Code
@ 2018-01-24 17:32 ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2018-01-24 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 01/24/2018 08:47 AM, MichaelD_4321@aol.com wrote:
> Are there any places on the Internet where I can find extensive lists of example Ada 95 code?

http://www.adaic.org/ada-resources/tools-libraries/

lists a number of Ada libraries, which might be what you're looking for. The
master branch of

https://github.com/jrcarter/PragmARC

is a large collection of Ada 95 code.
--
Jeff Carter
"You couldn't catch clap in a brothel, silly English K...niggets."

* Re: Any Large Repositories Of Ada 95 Best Practices Code
@ 2018-01-24 17:37   ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2018-01-24 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 01/24/2018 09:39 AM, bozovic.bojan@gmail.com wrote:

> A compiler you use should have sources of its run time library available, so it's the first place to look for examples of good code and programming techniques.

I'm not aware of any compiler other than GNAT that provides the source of its
run time.

--

@ 2018-01-25  9:36     ` bozovic.bojan
From: bozovic.bojan @ 2018-01-25  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 6:37:25 PM UTC+1, Jeffrey R. Carter wrote:
> On 01/24/2018 09:39 AM, bozovic.bojan@dont-spam-me-and-remove-this.gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > A compiler you use should have sources of its run time library available, so it's the first place to look for examples of good code and programming techniques.
>
> I'm not aware of any compiler other than GNAT that provides the source of its
> run time.
>
> --
> Jeff Carter
> "You couldn't catch clap in a brothel, silly English K...niggets."
> Monty Python & the Holy Grail
> 19

I should've been more clear, but my understanding of English isn't good. I thought he eyes Ada 95 standard to use it on some embedded device where only proprietary cross-compiler exists, and uses GNAT otherwise. That was my error indeed.