* Trying to follow the GNAT GPS tutorial I have fallen at the first hurdle. :(
@ 2019-02-22 22:23 approximatecyberneticmechanism
From: approximatecyberneticmechanism @ 2019-02-22 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the tutorial section 6, Project View:

http://docs.adacore.com/live/wave/gps/html/gps_tutorial/project_view.html

It invites me to "Click on the triangle to open tokens.ads entities".

I don't think there is one though.

I'm using GPS 2018 on MacOS Mojave.

I have noticed on other screen capture of GNAT GPS each object in the nested folders of the project view has a little "drop down" arrow pointing to it. Bit this arrow doesn't appear on my copy.

Does anybody know a remedy?

* Re: Trying to follow the GNAT GPS tutorial I have fallen at the first hurdle. :(
@ 2019-02-23  8:32 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2019-02-23  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

approximatecyberneticmechanism@gmail.com writes:

> In the tutorial section 6, Project View:
>
> http://docs.adacore.com/live/wave/gps/html/gps_tutorial/project_view.html
>
> It invites me to "Click on the triangle to open tokens.ads entities".
>
> I don't think there is one though.
>
> I'm using GPS 2018 on MacOS Mojave.

Here (same environment) I see that in the Outline view (click on the
sideways Outline tab over on the left).

I think the tutorial is referring to a previous version of GPS? (not
2017, though)

* Re: Trying to follow the GNAT GPS tutorial I have fallen at the first hurdle. :(
@ 2019-02-23 11:50   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2019-02-23 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I think the tutorial is referring to a previous version of GPS? (not
> 2017, though)

It's the 2016 version. Will report.

* Re: Trying to follow the GNAT GPS tutorial I have fallen at the first hurdle. :(
@ 2019-02-23 21:24     ` approximatecyberneticmechanism
From: approximatecyberneticmechanism @ 2019-02-23 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, 23 February 2019 11:50:57 UTC, Simon Wright  wrote:
> Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org> writes:
>
> > I think the tutorial is referring to a previous version of GPS? (not
> > 2017, though)
>
> It's the 2016 version. Will report.

OK thanks but in the meantime where do I go for a tutorial on the 2018 edition?

* Re: Trying to follow the GNAT GPS tutorial I have fallen at the first hurdle. :(
@ 2019-02-24  8:37       ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2019-02-24  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

approximatecyberneticmechanism@gmail.com writes:

> On Saturday, 23 February 2019 11:50:57 UTC, Simon Wright  wrote:
>> Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org> writes:
>>
>> > I think the tutorial is referring to a previous version of GPS? (not
>> > 2017, though)
>>
>> It's the 2016 version. Will report.
>
> OK thanks but in the meantime where do I go for a tutorial on the 2018
> edition?

Sorry, but I don't know.

While following through on the tutorial accessed via the GPS help (I use
Emacs mainly, thought I ought to at least look at GPS for once!) I
noticed that

* code completion wasn't immediately triggered by typing 'scr'; had to
  start it off by menu Code, Smart Completion

* to get a dialog to run the program, I had to go to Prefs, Build
  Targets, Run, Run Main and change 'Launch mode' to 'Manually with
  dialog'

* the build generates the executable in the object directory, which is
  one below the project directory, so the input file spec is actually
  '../input.txt'

* Mojave, you said? there are issues with the debugger, see
  https://forward-in-code.blogspot.com/2018/11/mojave-vs-gdb.html (and
  even that has problems; for me, more often than not the debugger hangs
  after 'start' or 'run')