From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: When to expect bugs fixed?
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 22:41:49 +0000
Date: 2014-11-01T22:41:49+00:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:

> Victor Porton writes on comp.lang.ada:
>> I reported some Ada compiler bugs in the GCC bugzilla. Will these bugs
>> fixed only after the appearance of GNAT 2015, or is there a hope that
>> they will be fixed sooner?

>> I work on a non-commercial open source project, but my work is paused
>> now due GNAT bugs.
>
> I suggest you try to work around these bugs and not wait.  I've been
> working on mission-critical software for years now, with a support
> contract, but we've never been blocked by compiler bugs.  There is
> always a way around, sometimes a temporary one until the bug is fixed.

As a for-instance, you can work round PR62235 by changing

generic
   type Record_Type; -- It should be an untagged record for C compatibility
package RDF.Auxilary.Handled_Record is

   type Access_Type is access Record_Type
      with Convention=>C;
by
generic
   type Record_Type; -- It should be an untagged record for C compatibility
   type Record_Type_Access is access Record_Type; -- should have convention C
package RDF.Auxilary.Handled_Record is

   subtype Access_Type is Record_Type_Access;

(I guess the new formal_incomplete_type_declaration stuff is a bit
fragile)