From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: GPS Debugger exit when "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" reached.
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 13:18:17 +0100
Date: 2016-04-01T13:18:17+01:00	[thread overview]

George J <ivanov_george@list.ru> writes:

> Hi all!I'm using GNAT GPS in my project. I have a problem with
> debugging. When debugger reaches line
> "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line("Something");" it exit with "[Inferior 1
> (process X) exited with code 1]". So I can't understand, how I can
> solve this problem. And BTW I have a question, is there any feature to
> display only "Debug Messages" in console or not?

George, why do you post messages three times?

Please say what you mean by "when debugger reaches line". Did you put a
breakpoint on it? If so, what did you do next? I most often use gdb from
the command line rather than via GPS; there are four possibilities, (1)
next => run until the next line in the current subprogram is reached,
(2) step => if at a subprogram call, run until the first line of the
subprogram, otherwise as next I think, (3) finish => run until the
current subprogram returns, (4) continue => run until another
breakpoint/exception/end of program (your program ran to end of
program).

In GPS, the buttons that control this are displayed (only while
debugging) at the right-hand end of the row of buttons under the menu
bar.

You do have to have compiled your code for debug (for example, you can't
step into a subprogram that wasn't compiled for debug).