From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Incomplete type generic formal interactions with Implicit_Dereference
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 20:25:31 +0000
Date: 2018-01-20T20:25:31+00:00	[thread overview]

Jere <jhb.chat@gmail.com> writes:

> At some point it led to a crash in GNAT, which I reported to AdaCore,
> and they said they fixed it in a future rev (side note, do I need to
> report that to the FSF team as well and how if so?).

I don't know how many FSF GNAT contributors aren't AdaCore people, but
it's not many! This sort of problem (deep in the compiler) isn't very
likely to be solved by non-AdaCore folk.

I've always felt uncomfortable when I report a bug to AdaCore (which
won't contain proprietary info, since I don't have any) that no one else
can see it. Not sure how reporting it to FSF as well as to AdaCore would
be received; I try to go for one or the other.

In any case, FSF won't accept reports on GNAT GPL (any more than AdaCore
will accept reports on FSF GCC): you'd need to make sure the bug also
happened with FSF GCC.

To report a GNAT bug to FSF, set up an account on GCC Bugzilla
<https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/index.cgi>, and raise the bug on Product:
gcc, Component: ada.