From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: GDB - El Capitan
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 21:14:25 +0100
Date: 2015-10-17T21:14:25+01:00	[thread overview]

"Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org> writes:

> On 10/17/2015 12:38 AM, Simon Wright wrote:
>>
>> I guess that if you're debugging a mixed-language program you could
>> then 'set language auto' ... hmm, no. Still, I'm saved from
>> Put_Line's all over the place!
>
> Which would have found your problem sooner: Your fight with GDB or
> some well placed Put_Lines?

Hard to say; it turned out that I'd arrived at the right answer by the
unaided power of thought! and was able to use GDB to confirm.

I've got fairly accustomed to using arm-eabi-gdb to deal with low-level
hardware interfacing misunderstandings, where it was invaluable (not
least because of having nowhere for the Put_Lines to go.)