* Building PolyOrb - Windows XP; gnat 2012
@ 2013-01-31  3:19 RasikaSrinivasan
From: RasikaSrinivasan @ 2013-01-31  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have installed gnat gpl 2012 on my Win XP system. I am attempting to build PolyOrb.

When I issue ./configure (under mingw) - it terminates with "Ada compiler is not working"

it was able to check for gnat chop, gnatls etc.

I am wondering what command it is using to check? (I am not too familiar with configure scripts).

gnat appears to be working, E.g. "gnatmake -c polyorb" - did produce a polyorb.o and polyorb.ali

Pointers appreciated. thanks, srini

* Re: Building PolyOrb - Windows XP; gnat 2012
@ 2013-01-31  6:52 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2013-01-31  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

"RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com" <RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com> writes:

> When I issue ./configure (under mingw) - it terminates with "Ada
> compiler is not working"
>
> it was able to check for gnat chop, gnatls etc.
>
> I am wondering what command it is using to check? (I am not too
> familiar with configure scripts).

Try searching config.log for the error message.

* Re: Building PolyOrb - Windows XP; gnat 2012
@ 2013-01-31 12:08   ` Brian Drummond
From: Brian Drummond @ 2013-01-31 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:52:22 +0000, Simon Wright wrote:

> "RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com" <RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> When I issue ./configure (under mingw) - it terminates with "Ada
>> compiler is not working"
>>
>> it was able to check for gnat chop, gnatls etc.
>>
>> I am wondering what command it is using to check? (I am not too
>> familiar with configure scripts).
>
> Try searching config.log for the error message.

Heh. That advice didn't help me much, at first...

After the console error message, there is usually a "leaving directory
xxx/yyy" message...

Once I realised I had to check the config.log *in that directory* things
made a lot more sense!

- Brian

* Re: Building PolyOrb - Windows XP; gnat 2012
@ 2013-01-31 12:47     ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2013-01-31 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian Drummond <brian@shapes.demon.co.uk> writes:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:52:22 +0000, Simon Wright wrote:
>
>> "RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com" <RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> When I issue ./configure (under mingw) - it terminates with "Ada
>>> compiler is not working"
>>>
>>> it was able to check for gnat chop, gnatls etc.
>>>
>>> I am wondering what command it is using to check? (I am not too
>>> familiar with configure scripts).
>>
>> Try searching config.log for the error message.
>
> Heh. That advice didn't help me much, at first...
>
> After the console error message, there is usually a "leaving directory
> xxx/yyy" message...
>
> Once I realised I had to check the config.log *in that directory*
> things made a lot more sense!

Oh yes ... it's been a while.