* Question about gprconfig linker <linker.xml> in share/grpconfig
@ 2016-03-13  2:55 Zack Boll
From: Zack Boll @ 2016-03-13  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I needed to edit the linker entry in linker.xml so that the correct version of the archive builder and archive indexer are used when the names conflict with each other in a common path.  My question is, is there a way to use an environment variable in the XML file so that the toolchain is more portable?

Thanks,
Zack

* Re: Question about gprconfig linker <linker.xml> in share/grpconfig
@ 2016-03-13  8:37 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2016-03-13  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zack Boll <zackboll@gmail.com> writes:

> I needed to edit the linker entry in linker.xml so that the correct
> version of the archive builder and archive indexer are used when the
> names conflict with each other in a common path.  My question is, is
> there a way to use an environment variable in the XML file so that the
> toolchain is more portable?

It _looks_ as though you should be able to write ${ENV_VAR}; for
example, in gnat.xml,

      for Driver         ("Ada") use
          "${GPRCONFIG_PREFIX}/libexec/gprbuild/gprbind";

but I'm not sure whether these are only for names that gprconfig has
generated; see

   for Toolchain_Version     ("Ada") use "GNAT ${VERSION(ada)}";

Sometimes there's code like this in compilers.xml

       <directory group="1" >\.\./$TARGET/lib/gnat/(.*)/adalib/</directory>

There's also this

    <version>
      <getenv name="WIND_BASE"></getenv>
      <grep regexp=".*[/\\](vxworks-6[0-9.]*).*" group="1"></grep>
      <must_match>vxworks-6.*</must_match>
    </version>