From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: HELP | function Is_Open (File : File_Type) return Boolean; package ada.text_io
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 11:23:06 +0000
Date: 2015-10-27T11:23:06+00:00	[thread overview]

comicfanzine@gmail.com writes:

> Le lundi 26 octobre 2015 11:22:01 UTC+1, comicf...@gmail.com a écrit :
>> Can someone please post a simple code in which this function is used
> , i'm lost , thanks .
>
> Thanks Niklas Holsti ,
>
> I understand but partially , can you explain me in details those lines
> please? i don't know what you mean by '''Log''' = is that kind of a
> comment line ? :
>
> line 31 (procedure Ex_Is_Open) =    Log ("This will not appear in the log.");
>
> line 44 (procedure Ex_Is_Open) = Log ("This will appear iff there are
> command-line arguments.");
>
> line 55  (procedure Ex_Is_Open) =  Log ("This will not appear in the log.");

If you look at line 13 of Niklas's code you will see the declaration of
'procedure Log'.

If you know C, then - a procedure is like a void function.

But in any case, you need to work through a tutorial. There is a list of
tutorials at http://www.adaic.org/learn/materials/#tutorials - but you
may find AdaTutor (http://zhu-qy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/adatutor.html)
more useful.