From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: thick Tcl binding, am I being logical ?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:30:11 +0000
Date: 2014-01-16T12:30:11+00:00	[thread overview]

> The only problem I've come across with this style is how to manage
> changes in the model that need to be reflected in the view; polling
> certainly works but seems less than ideal. Maybe Tcl_Eval and variable
> tracing would do the trick.

Variable tracing works fine, with Tcl_SetVar(). I've added a demo to
Tash at r162, see also at Dropbox[1].

Note, this demo is syntactically correct, but I'm concerned that it's
synchronous, whereas the only sensible use case is asynchronous (the Ada
model generates a new value in response to an input of which Tcl is
unaware). More thought needed.

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/nn8qkcbp3z30zcj/watching.tar.gz