From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Cygwin grpbuild problems
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:25:24 +0100
Date: 2016-10-17T18:25:24+01:00	[thread overview]

Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to compile an older project of mine on Cygwin with GNAT 5.4.0.
> I got the folliwing two messages:
>
>     no languages defined for this project
>     warning: libraries are not supported on this platform
>
> (note: no shared libraries are involved, only static ones)

The first message is the important one; after all, if no compiler,
libraries certainly won't be supported (by this toolset).

> Did anybody found the same problem on Cygwin?

No, but you've probably got a mismatch between the complicated rules
that gprbuild (really, gprconfig) uses to determine what compiler to use
and the compiler you want to use. Rules in
$prefix/share/gprconfig/compilers.xml.

Are you using a gprbuild corresponding to (GCC?) 4.5.0? I'd guess not.

If you say 'gcc -dumpmachine' to your 4.5.0 compiler, what does it say?

If you say 'gprconfig -v', what does it say it's looking for?

Here, I see

[...]
Parsing file /opt/gcc-4.8.1/share/gprconfig/targetset.xml
Parsing file /opt/gcc-4.8.1/share/gprconfig/windres.xml
Only compilers matching target x86_64-apple-darwin12 will be preserved
Will examine P /opt/gcc-4.8.1/bin
Will examine P /opt/gnat-gpl-2016/bin
Will examine P /usr/local/bin
[...]

You may be able to persuade gprconfig to use your compiler by using
--target={something matching what your compiler reports}. I'm not sure
what the actual matching command is; complex stuff in compilers.xml.

gprbuild passes the target setting to gprconfig. You can supply it on
the command line (tedious, easy to forget), in a makefile, or in the
project file

   for Target use "whatever-machine";