From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Gprbuild - Setting the earliest version of MacOS X that an executable will run on.
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 19:01:37 +0100
Date: 2017-03-26T19:01:37+01:00	[thread overview]

Looking at a .ali file compiled with GCC 6.1.0 on macOS Sierra 10.12.3,
I see in the list of switches near the beginning

   A -mmacosx-version-min=10.12.4

You can also see it by compiling  with -v (gprbuild -cargs -v).

Also with GCC 5.2.0.

Also with GNAT GPL 2016.

Also with a C source file.

Also with GCC 7.0.1 20170302.

Also while linking (a C source) - but then the flag is just

   -macosx_version_min 10.12.4

I guess you'd include the right version in your GPR Compiler package (a
quick check using "-cargs -v -mmacosx-version-min=10.12.3" indicates it
should work).

If you use apple's gcc to build a C executable, it uses

   -macosx_version_min 10.12.0

but only at the link stage; so perhaps you could get away with
introducing the switch in your GPR Linker package.

Or maybe both.

Looks like a GCC bug to me; nothing in Bugzilla.

On the other hand, if I try on El Capitan (GNAT GPL 2016 only) *I get
the right value*!!!!! (10.11.6, actually).