* Petition ARM to not hinder Ada
@ 2015-10-01 14:08 Paul Colin de Gloucester
From: Paul Colin de Gloucester @ 2015-10-01 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

It is possible to obtain GNAT for ARM if one is already an Ada
programmer and wants to obtain an Ada compiler. However, a person who
is simply planning on targeting ARM hardware might accept a
cross-compiler for bad languages. ARM provides a copy of GCC with a
customized configuration script which is incompatible with the
standard switch  --enable-languages=ada  for configure but ARM
indicated to me that if demand could be shown, then ARM might support
Ada.

Colin Paul de Glocester emailed for ARM:
"[. . .]

I built cross compilers from
  HTTPS://LaunchPad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/4.9/4.9-2015-q2-update/+download/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9-2015q2-20150609-src.tar.bz2
on different GNU/Linux distributions than Ubuntu.

Congratulations, but it is not perfect.

[. . .]

Ada is a better language than the languages which
gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9-2015q2-20150609-src.tar.bz2 supports. Please
consider supporting Ada. [. . .]
[. . .]"

ARM emailed on September 22nd, 2015: