From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: That funny “--” before ASIS options with ASIS applications
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:17:47 +0100
Date: 2013-04-12T22:17:47+01:00	[thread overview]

"Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr> writes:

> If you ever wondered where that looking weird to me "--" before ASIS
> options with ASIS applications come from, then here the answer: it
> comes from POSIX.

Which ASIS applications?

I would like it if e.g. gnatstub did behave like this: I'm trying to
build GCC 4.8.0 with the ASIS GPL 2012 now, and there are flags that I
would like to pass to Asis.Implementation.Initialize to make the darned
thing work at all; specifically, "-wv" would mean "don't try to do the
strict check on compiler/tool compatibility which results in a
constraint error if using the FSF tree".

Of course, it may be that GNAT GPL 2013 will remove this problem...