From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: libncurses, last GNAT
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 21:25:40 +0000	[thread overview]

Mehdi Saada <00120260a@gmail.com> writes:

> I linked the entire content of GNAT/2020/bin into /usr/bin otherwise I
> could not run gnatstudio without "./".

This is a Bad Idea. You should regard the contents of /usr/bin, /usr/lib
etc as sacrosanct.

> Besides, I should be able to run these things in the console from
> /usr/GNAT/2020/bin without problems.

Well, yes, but you ought to make sure that /usr/GNAT/2020/bin is at the
front of your PATH & run from directories under your $HOME (i.e. under
~/mehdi). Again, you shouldn't put any of your work directories anywhere
under /usr/GNAT/2020.

In case you're new to setting PATH, try for example here:
https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-add-directory-to-path-in-linux/

> I read about libncurses5, installed it, it changed nothing.
> I don't know what else ncurses-compat-lib is supposed to be matched
> with, within Debian.

You were having troubles with libadalang, where did curses come into the
picture?