From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Ada on Raspberry Pi: new article in MagPi issue 8
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:34:23 +0000
Date: 2012-12-11T12:34:23+00:00	[thread overview]

> The "interrupt" changes will be based on WiringPi at
> https://projects.drogon.net/raspberry-pi/wiringpi/ and will effectively
> provide an Ada interface to GPIO - I'm trying to avoid too much direct
> work with GPIO in case I let the magic smoke out.

I see I've already got some early code up there: [1].

The reason for going with an interface like wiringPi, by the way, is
that direct access to RPi GPIO requires root privilege. wiringPi
provides a setuid-root program gpio; it lets you - for example - access
the value on GPIO pin x at /sys/class/gpio/gpiox/value.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/u/simonjwright/wiringpi-ada/code