From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Arduino Due vs Mac
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 22:08:08 +0100
Date: 2015-07-06T22:08:08+01:00	[thread overview]

Tero Koskinen <tero.koskinen@iki.fi> writes:

> Instead of using bossa, buy yourself a real JTAG adapter (Segger
> JLink, etc.). If you at some point change to a different ARM Cortex-M
> MCU, same JTAG adapter continues to work with it also (unless you buy
> some very cheap vendor-specific JTAG).

That would be the next step. Indeed, without JTAG I don't see how anyone
programs the Due, because of total absence of debug facilities; and it
does add considerably to the price (not that I can't afford it, just
seems a bit much for the hobbyist market). You're talking about
something like 3 times the cost of an STM32F4 Disco board, which has the
STLINK interface on-board and a straightforward and free software
solution for gdb; things stop, ^C, get a traceback from
last_chance_handler, on to the next problem.