From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Debian & gprinstall
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 21:30:32 +0000
Date: 2017-02-14T21:30:32+00:00	[thread overview]

> On 2017-02-14 18:01, Simon Wright wrote:
>> Has anyone devised a setup to use gprinstall to install a library to
>> match the Debian Ada Policy?
>
> But gprinstall cannot follow policies of all Linux flavors. Fedora's
> policy is very different, e.g. it has a system gpr project to include
> into the library project and get directories' paths from there.

I only want a set of switches that will make gprinstall do something
that works on Debian with the system compiler (no problem if using GNAT
GPL, of course, since the default setup is what GNAT GPL expects) and
doesn't trample over other software.

Is the Fedora equivalent of the Debian Ada policy written up anywhere?

> If indeed grpinstall were to care of the Linux target I would suggest
> to generate a proper project installation file, *.deb, *.rpm and use
> it in the standard system installer.

But I'm not going to distribute binary library packages for any Linux
flavours. So I don't need to understand .deb, .rpm, etc etc. I just want
the _source_ packages to be easily installable.