From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Installing gnatcoll on Windows
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 08:30:19 +0100
Date: 2015-05-01T08:30:19+01:00	[thread overview]

NiGHTS <nights@unku.us> writes:

> So after some research I find that xsnamest is a part of the ASIS
> project also included in "adagpl-2014" so I proceed to attempt its
> installation like so...
>
> $ make
>
> gnatmake -Pasis -XBLD=prod -XOPSYS=default_Unix
> asis.gpr:24:06: unknown project file: "gnat_util"
> gnatmake: "asis" processing failed
> Makefile:29: recipe for target 'lib/libasis.a' failed
> make: *** [lib/libasis.a] Error 4

You can get the sources for gnat_util at the Libre site in x86 Windows >
GNAT Ada GPL 2014 > Sources.

If you install this before configuring gnatcoll you shouldn't, I think,
need xnamest -- xsnamest is a program generated as part of the compiler
build process:

--  This utility is used to make a new version of the Snames package when new
--  names are added. This version reads a template file from snames.ads-tmpl in
--  which the numbers are all written as $, and generates a new version of the
--  spec file snames.ads (written to snames.ns). It also reads snames.adb-tmpl
--  and generates an updated body (written to snames.nb), and snames.h-tmpl and
--  generates an updated C header file (written to snames.nh).

and gnat_util contains the result appropriate to the compiler it was
built for (in this case, GNAT GPL 2014).