From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: gnatpp parameter alignment
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:02:33 +0000
Date: 2018-11-28T09:02:33+00:00	[thread overview]

julian.fondren@gmail.com writes:

> I thought I'd always use gnatpp for styling, but I've found this
> formatting result that I don't like at all, and which seems to come up
> a lot in my code (so often that !pp formatting escapes would be a
> pain):
>
>    function waitpid (Pid : Integer; Wstatus : System.Address;
>       Options            : Integer) return Integer;

I suspect you're using GNAT CE 2018.

I've tried this with FSF GCC 4.8..9 and GNAT GPL 2015..2017 and all give
the result you prefer. Only CE 2018 shows this bad result.

The executables (macOS) are all ~10 MB except for CE 2018, which is 30
MB.

Following Emmanuel's remarks, I wonder whether what's happened is that
the CE 2018 gnatpp is in fact using the libadalang version? Bearing in
mind that the working GCC 9 version is built with ASIS CE 2018!