From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: ANN: STM32F4 GNAT Run Time Systems 20150406
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:59:24 +0100
Date: 2015-04-22T21:59:24+01:00	[thread overview]

"Jedi Tek'Unum" <jeditekunum@gmail.com> writes:

> On Monday, April 6, 2015 at 12:27:11 PM UTC-5, Simon Wright wrote:
>> This is the fourth release of a GNAT RTS with the GCC Runtime Library
>> exception for STM32F4 boards.
>
> Nice!
>
> One issue that can immediately cause problems for people is that STM
> frequently releases new versions that replace the old - and I mean the
> old is *gone*. I have not been able to find 1.3.0 that the RTS is
> based on.  When I played with an earlier release the current version
> was 1.4.0 which I was able to get working by making some changes
> including in FreeRTOSConfig.h. Now I see they only have 1.5.0
> available - haven't tried it yet.
>
> Have you given any thought to how this could be handled?
>
> I might have time to take a crack at it but only if you aren't
> planning on working in that area soon...

Now I have GCC 5.1, this issue, and one of my own projects with a
lurking bug that needs major rework to fix - fun all round! I will
certainly get on to this (just downloaded 1.5.0).

In the mean time, I think it would be legitimate to make the 1.3.0
version available? (plus the patches needed to make it compilable on
Unix systems - mainly replacing \ by /).

You *should* only need the Cube package if you're going to rebuild the
RTS or the BSP - or include C sources - since libbsp-rtos.a includes a
complete set of binaries.