From: "Jedi Tek'Unum" <jeditekunum@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: STM32F4 GNAT Run Time Systems 20150406
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 05:40:49 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-04-23T05:40:49-07:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 3:59:26 PM UTC-5, Simon Wright wrote:
> Now I have GCC 5.1, this issue, and one of my own projects with a
> lurking bug that needs major rework to fix - fun all round! I will
> certainly get on to this (just downloaded 1.5.0).

In my 35+ years working in the world of "big iron" I am constantly
disappointed with portability hell in just the Unix zoo - even in the
context of "standards". I only recently started playing with the embedded
world and it makes the Unix world look like nirvana! Somebody needs
to develop an industry standard HAL that the chip vendors can all
implement.

> In the mean time, I think it would be legitimate to make the 1.3.0
> version available? (plus the patches needed to make it compilable on
> Unix systems - mainly replacing \ by /).

I didn't have any issues using 1.4.0 on OS X.

> You *should* only need the Cube package if you're going to rebuild the
> RTS or the BSP - or include C sources - since libbsp-rtos.a includes a
> complete set of binaries.

I got it to build with 1.4.0 with only minor changes so its not holding me
up. I prefer building everything from scratch in my embedded work...