* Debugging Unbounded strings
@ 2016-03-06 14:06 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2016-03-06 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

In earlier versions of GNAT GPS I could see the value of an
unbounded_string. In the version I am using now I cannot do that and I just
see reference => 0x4bc7bd8 (which is a kind of memory location where the
unbounded string is located. In earlier versions of GNAT GPS I could see not
only the referencebut also the length and the characters is consists of. Is
ther anyone who can help me to restore the earlier debugging possibility.
I have lready posted this message on March 1st. I cannot see thatentry, but
I got an answer of Vadim Godunko.
I answered there (4th of march) that I did not seer any possibility to
dereference. Tht entry I cannot find either.
No I am trying again. If This is not the place to ask that point, please
tell me where I should ask the question

* Re: Debugging Unbounded strings
@ 2016-03-06 17:04 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2016-03-06 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

"ldries46" <bertus.dries@planet.nl> writes:

> In the version I am using now I cannot do that and I just see
> reference => 0x4bc7bd8 (which is a kind of memory location where the
> unbounded string is located.

Sorry to report - same here (GPS 6.1.1).

If you go into the Debugger Console you can type

  (gdb) print ubs.reference.all

where ubs is the unbounded string.

Better than nothing, I suppose.