From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: gprbuild and Linker_Options bug?
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 08:41:04 +0100
Date: 2014-04-01T08:41:04+01:00	[thread overview]

Qun-Ying <zhu.qunying@gmail.com> writes:

> Where it fails to use the Linker_Options defined in the project file.
> But "gnatmake -P a" will build the program without problem.
>
> Is this a known problem? Or something I have missed?

I think it's a feature.

The gprbuild manual[1] says that the Linker_Options "[v]alue is a list
of switches/options that are to be added when linking an executable from
a project importing the current project directly or indirectly.
Linker_Options are not used when linking an executable from the current
project."

And gprbuild & gnatmake have subtly different rules and capabilities.

[1] http://docs.adacore.com/gprbuild-docs/html/gprbuild_ug.html