From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Building / Modifying the RTS for Cortex
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:17:32 +0000
Date: 2016-12-10T16:17:32+00:00	[thread overview]

"M. Enzmann" <enzmann.m@googlemail.com> writes:

> I am having some trouble to understand how the RTS for my STM32F429
> Discovery board is being built.
>
> While tinkering with some of the examples in the Ada Drivers Library
> from Ada Core, I thought it might be a nice idea to add some
> funtionality to the Ada.Real_Time package.

The way to rebuild the runtime is to go to the embedded-runtimes/
directory at the top level of the repo and say "make".

This will rebuild all the runtimes as required (provided that all your
changes are in the appropriate place under embedded-runtimes/).

I wouldn't bother too much about accidentally changing stuff, that's why
we use git!

The -a flag is only available in gnatmake, which isn't the right tool to
build runtimes (or Cortex code):

   $ gprbuild -a
   warning: switch -a is ignored and no additional source is compiled