From: "M. Enzmann" <enzmann.m@googlemail.com>
Subject: Building / Modifying the RTS for Cortex
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 07:40:58 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2016-12-10T07:40:58-08:00	[thread overview]

Hi All,

I am having some trouble to understand how the RTS for my STM32F429 Discovery board is being built.

While tinkering with some of the examples in the Ada Drivers Library from Ada Core, I thought it might be a nice idea to add some funtionality to the Ada.Real_Time package.

First idea: add a child package, so I don't have to play with the files in the "original" RTS. Didn't work. The file newer got compiled.
Second idea: add a single function to Ada.Real_Time. Didn't work either. The file is being compiled, however I can't find the corresponding symbol in the a-reatim.o

I assume, this is related to my playing with the RTS and I found some sources on the web discussing the usage of different compiler-switches (e.g. '-a' for gnatmake, ...) but neither did they help, nor do I have an idea why not.

Waiting eagerly for your insightful responses,

TIA,

Marc