From: Simon Clubley <clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP>
Subject: Re: In the pipeline.
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 16:50:45 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2014-09-01T16:50:45+00:00	[thread overview]

On 2014-09-01, gdotone@gmail.com <gdotone@gmail.com> wrote:
> Newbie: only in Chapter 2 of Ada 95, so, please forgive ...
>
>    Can Ada write to specific locations, address spaces?

I strongly recommend you start new threads in future and not post
into an unrelated thread. Among other reasons, your question may
never be seen because people might be skipping over a thread.

In answer to your question, yes it can. See here for an example:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Attributes/%27Address

BTW, in that example, assuming the device register does not contain
a signed 32 bit integer, I disagree with the use of Integer_32 if
Integer_32 is supposed to be a signed 32 bit integer. An unsigned
32 bit datatype would be far better here.

Simon.