From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Re; It's been a while...
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 04:52:33 GMT
Date: 2003-05-30T04:52:33+00:00	[thread overview]

>         strings hello, I get the following:
>
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2
> libc.so.6
> ...  436 or so additional lines we didn't need to see
> Now, surely the app doesn't need this info and it must be taking up a lot
> of space. Do I need to go into the linker scripts to strip this info out?
  If you take a look at the "strings" junk you posted, you will note it
is about 7K, which is not "a lot of space" out of 73292.  So getting rid
of it isn't going to make a big difference.
  How much space does the program take in RAM?  Have you looked at the
assembly listing to see how big the program is, exclusive of Ada.Text_IO
and any other libraries that it's hauling in?  Have you tried another
compiler, on another platform?