* Help me to find an error
@ 2014-08-02 20:43 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-08-02 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am writing open source Ada2012 bindings for Raptor library (it is about
semantic Web).

My AUnit test case shows that there is an error.

The error is that the `Write(Str, Out_String);`
(src/test/iostreams_test.adb:32) operator does not appends data to
Out_String object. The bounded string inside Out_String object remains empty
and this leads to an error.

My dispatching procedure Do_Write_Bytes (defined in src/rdf-raptor-
iostream.adb:414) is not called an I don't understand why.

Note that in src/rdf-raptor-iostream.ad:345 I create an object holding a
raptor_iostream* C handler and pass the access to the object itself to the C
library as user_data parameter, in order to make dispatching calls
afterward. The callbacks I pass to the C raptor_new_iostream_from_handler
function are just wrappers which call my object (reconstructed from the
user_data parameter) dispatching methods.

Please help to understand the reason of the error. This will help not only
to Raptor itself but also for my bigger project which I am going implement
in Ada, X-former: http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/namespaces.xml - so your
help would help to essentially advance free software.

My source is located at
https://github.com/vporton/redland-bindings/tree/ada2012/ada

Please ask me any questions.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

* Re: Help me to find an error
@ 2014-08-03 21:36 ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-08-03 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor Porton wrote:

> I am writing open source Ada2012 bindings for Raptor library (it is about
> semantic Web).
>
> My AUnit test case shows that there is an error.
>
> The error is that the `Write(Str, Out_String);`
> (src/test/iostreams_test.adb:32) operator does not appends data to
> Out_String object. The bounded string inside Out_String object remains
> empty and this leads to an error.
>
> My dispatching procedure Do_Write_Bytes (defined in src/rdf-raptor-
> iostream.adb:414) is not called an I don't understand why.
>
> Note that in src/rdf-raptor-iostream.ad:345 I create an object holding a
> raptor_iostream* C handler and pass the access to the object itself to the
> C library as user_data parameter, in order to make dispatching calls
> afterward. The callbacks I pass to the C raptor_new_iostream_from_handler
> function are just wrappers which call my object (reconstructed from the
> user_data parameter) dispatching methods.
>
> Please help to understand the reason of the error. This will help not only
> to Raptor itself but also for my bigger project which I am going implement
> in Ada, X-former: http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/namespaces.xml - so
> your help would help to essentially advance free software.
>
> My source is located at
> https://github.com/vporton/redland-bindings/tree/ada2012/ada
>
> Please ask me any questions.

I have corrected the error myself (it was a bug in documentation of a C
library).

The error what not quite what I described above.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org