* A Guide to successfully building the GNAT toolchain?
@ 2014-07-28 22:42 Diogenes
From: Diogenes @ 2014-07-28 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone done this?

Trying to build a GNAT Toolchain that will generate code for the Kinetis MK20DX256 on the Teensy 3.1 platform.

It's driving me nuts. Using the Debian Wheezy system. Seems like alot of people are running into the same problems.

For the ARM Cortex-M4, do I need to build it specifically for the Vendor(Kinetis MK20DX256) or just the Generic M4?

For now I'll just keep retrying until I get a successful build. Already have a working C/C++ GCC compiler for this platform(as might be expected). Shouldn't I be able to bootstrap GNAT/GCC directly off that compiler(assuming I'm using the correct version of GNAT/GCC).

I know I've peppered you with a lot of questions. Thanks for your patience.

* Re: A Guide to successfully building the GNAT toolchain?
@ 2014-07-29  8:42 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2014-07-29  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Diogenes <phathax0r@gmail.com> writes:

> Has anyone done this?
>
> Trying to build a GNAT Toolchain that will generate code for the
> Kinetis MK20DX256 on the Teensy 3.1 platform.

AdaCore provides a cross compiler for "arm", which includes the M4, on
libre.adacore.com. Did you try that?

--
-- Stephe

* Re: A Guide to successfully building the GNAT toolchain?
@ 2014-07-29 16:03 ` Tero Koskinen
From: Tero Koskinen @ 2014-07-29 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

29.7.2014 1:42, Diogenes wrote:
> Has anyone done this?
>
> Trying to build a GNAT Toolchain that will generate code for the Kinetis MK20DX256 on the Teensy 3.1 platform.
> For the ARM Cortex-M4, do I need to build it specifically for the Vendor(Kinetis MK20DX256) or just the Generic M4?

Generic gcc toolchain targeting arm-eabi(-none) should work.

https://github.com/lucretia/tamp gives you one example.

However, you need to tailor the linker scripts (.ld)
for your board. (Sometimes, even different projects
might need different linker scripts for the same board.)

I also recently got one Teensy 3.1 with MK20DX256
and I would recommend that stay away from it (unless you have
already bought one).

For example, it does not have JTAG debugging interface
and the programming the device happens with a special
software (GUI-only on Windows, Linux luckily has plain
command line interface also).

If you are interested in Freescale Cortex-Mx processors,
Freedom boards like FRDM-K20D50M[1] are better, imo.

Yours,
 Tero

[1]
http://fi.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Freescale-Semiconductor/FRDM-K20D50M/?qs=WAvhzeN%2fGaqeJXUe8YKmSw%3d%3d