From: Tero Koskinen <tero.koskinen@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: A Guide to successfully building the GNAT toolchain?
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 19:03:15 +0300
Date: 2014-07-29T19:03:15+03:00	[thread overview]

29.7.2014 1:42, Diogenes wrote:
> Has anyone done this?
>
> Trying to build a GNAT Toolchain that will generate code for the Kinetis MK20DX256 on the Teensy 3.1 platform.
> For the ARM Cortex-M4, do I need to build it specifically for the Vendor(Kinetis MK20DX256) or just the Generic M4?

Generic gcc toolchain targeting arm-eabi(-none) should work.

https://github.com/lucretia/tamp gives you one example.

However, you need to tailor the linker scripts (.ld)
for your board. (Sometimes, even different projects
might need different linker scripts for the same board.)

I also recently got one Teensy 3.1 with MK20DX256
and I would recommend that stay away from it (unless you have
already bought one).

For example, it does not have JTAG debugging interface
and the programming the device happens with a special
software (GUI-only on Windows, Linux luckily has plain
command line interface also).

If you are interested in Freescale Cortex-Mx processors,
Freedom boards like FRDM-K20D50M[1] are better, imo.

Yours,
 Tero

[1]
http://fi.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Freescale-Semiconductor/FRDM-K20D50M/?qs=WAvhzeN%2fGaqeJXUe8YKmSw%3d%3d