* Should thick bindings throw an exception?
@ 2014-07-27 16:07 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-07-27 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Should a thick bindings of a C function, which returns non-0 on failure,
instead throw an exception on failure?

By the way, should I define a new exception or use one of language pre-
defined exception?

The description of the C function follows:

int raptor_uri_print (const raptor_uri *uri, FILE *stream);

Print a URI to a file handle.

uri :
	URI to print

stream :
	The file handle to print to

Returns :
	non-0 on failure

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

* Re: Should thick bindings throw an exception?
@ 2014-07-27 18:25 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2014-07-27 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

You might take a look at section 3.5 "Exceptions and Reliability" in
http://www.rrsoftware.com/html/prodinf/triadapaper/triada.html

* Re: Should thick bindings throw an exception?
@ 2014-07-28 22:19   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2014-07-28 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

<tmoran@acm.org> wrote in message news:lr3g7l$b21$1@speranza.aioe.org...
> You might take a look at section 3.5 "Exceptions and Reliability" in
> http://www.rrsoftware.com/html/prodinf/triadapaper/triada.html

Thanks Tom, I was going to write a reply on that line and had forgotten that
there was one on-line already. Saved me a bunch of time.

                            Randy.