From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: openglada build problem.
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 17:36:18 -0500
Date: 2014-07-27T17:36:18-05:00	[thread overview]

On 7/27/2014 5:13 PM, Simon Wright wrote:

> It is a shame that the openglada demo programs depend on other
> libraries.
>
> http://flyx.github.io/OpenGLAda/ (just above the "Getting the Code"
> heading) has links to GLFW, SOIL snd FTGL.At least
> http://www.glfw.org/download.html contains links to Windows binaries.

A static build version could be provided, so user do not have to install
many other things to make the demo program even run. This is what I did with
the Fortran openGL. Yes, the demos are much larger in size now, but
it is only one file. Download and run. It includes inside it all
the libraries needed linked in statically.

Having to download many other libraries just to see a demo program,
will discourage people from even trying it.

--Nasser