From: Keith Thompson <kst-u@mib.org>
Subject: Re: OT: Somebody on this List Has Worms
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:56:01 GMT
Date: 2003-11-25T08:56:01+00:00	[thread overview]

"Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg@cogeco.ca> writes:
> Every time I post with a new email address to this
> group, I start getting those pesky Microsoft Update
> worm messages.
>
> If you're reading this group (comp.lang.ada), then
> and your email client collects email addresses in
> your address book, then please do a virus check.
>
> One or more of you are badly infected.

In my experience, posting with a new address to any newsgroup causes
an influx of spam and viruses.  There's no particular reason to think
that someone reading this particular newsgroup is infected.  There's
software out there that collects e-mail addresses from Usenet and
other sources in general.

San Diego Supercomputer Center             <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>
(Note new e-mail address)