* is there a utility putenv()  in fortran or perl?
@ 2006-06-21 23:19 sollebac
From: sollebac @ 2006-06-21 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi ALL
I want to set up a new environment variables in LINUX  using Fortran or
Perl , example
MYVAR=/some/path/here
in fortran you can read a environment variables  using :
 call getenv('HOME',myhome)
then my questions is :
is a subroutine or function in FORTRAN  or PERL to set up a environment
variables like putenv() in c ?
or how can I do this?
thanks in advance
Jose Luis Cabellos

* Re: is there a utility putenv()  in fortran or perl?
@ 2006-06-21 23:48 ` Keith Thompson
From: Keith Thompson @ 2006-06-21 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

sollebac@gmail.com writes:
> I want to set up a new environment variables in LINUX  using Fortran or
> Perl , example
> MYVAR=/some/path/here
> in fortran you can read a environment variables  using :
>  call getenv('HOME',myhome)
> then my questions is :
> is a subroutine or function in FORTRAN  or PERL to set up a environment
> variables like putenv() in c ?
> or how can I do this?

Why are you asking this in comp.lang.ada?

(If there's a way to do this in Perl, you'll find it in the extensive
documentation that accompanies the implementation.)

San Diego Supercomputer Center             <*>  <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
We must do something.  This is something.  Therefore, we must do this.