From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: I'm a noob here.
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 13:07:56 -0500
Date: 2014-05-05T13:07:56-05:00	[thread overview]

On 5/5/2014 12:46 PM, Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> The initial design of Ada used Pascal as a starting point. One lesson from
> McCormick's experiences is to embrace user-defined numeric types, rather than
> using Integer and Float everywhere as most C people forced to use Ada do.

This is what of the most important features in Ada for me.
Being able to define numerical types that match the problem
exactly so that the compiler can help find my error.

One would expect this feature to make Ada most used in
numerical and scientific computations, but it is almost
non-existent in that field, due I suppose to missing
libraries needed.

Again, Ada is great Language, but missing so many libraries
compared to other languages. I look at the new language Julia,
after 2 years, it already has 100 times more useful and
practical packages than Ada has.

http://julia.readthedocs.org/en/latest/packages/packagelist/

But I am going of the subject of this thread, sorry...

--Nasser