From: Jeffrey Creem <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: n versioning
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:26:46 -0400
Date: 2006-04-24T00:26:46-04:00	[thread overview]

Ananth the Boss wrote:
> thanks to all for ur interst in helping me.in my case the problem spec
> is the same and the problem is independantly developed by three
> different groups in three different languages. instead of coding the
> same problem thrice in three different programming languages; is there
> any approach like UML so that we can develop software models and from
> that the code can be generated automatically?

If the thought is to start from UML and generate (automatically) three
different code models in 3 different programming languages I think you
are really missing the point.

You will still just have one UML model which, if it contains flaws will
almost certainly be present in all of the generated code.

At this point, I am having a hard time trying to really understand the
purpose of these posts. They are too mild to be a troll but at the same
time, the thought that a group has been hired to write safety critical
software with no experience at all and an apparent inability to use
google is pretty scary.

I can only hope you switch to something like C++ and whatever the
application is far enough away from me and my family so that when it
fails, nothing that I care about gets hurt.

I hesitate to post such a mean spirited reply but unless this is just
some sort of an academic exercise, it really does seem like an accident
waiting to happen.