From: Andre Spiegel <spiegel@berlin.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: `tg', a test driver generator for Ada programs
Date: 1996/05/13
Date: 1996-05-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ray Mosley writes:

> Could you perhaps give some examples of other languages, like tcl itself,
> as well as C/C++?

To use `tg' with other languages, you need to `interface' that
software to Ada, because the generated driver is always an Ada
program.  The driver must be able to call the software, and retrieve
the results somehow, that's all.  For example, to test a binary
program, you can call it from Ada as a subprocess.

Given the great inter-language features of Ada 95, this is a fairly
easy task, but I agree that it might be too much work to do it on a
regular basis.

The example I gave is a very simple one.  Have a look at the docs,
there are a few more things that `tg' can do.