* Myrinet and Ada
@ 2000-11-21  0:00 Brian Orpin
From: Brian Orpin @ 2000-11-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone any experience of Myrinet, it's GM message passing system and
API and interfacing to it from Ada.

Any information however brief would be appreciated.

--
Brian Orpin    BAE SYSTEMS, Edinburgh
"If you really know C++, there isn't much you can't do with it, though it may

* Re: Myrinet and Ada
@ 2000-12-19  5:09 ` JF Harrison
From: JF Harrison @ 2000-12-19  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

I was going over my comp.lang.ada mail and noticed no one replied in-list.
I dont have any helpful information for you, but am curious myself why you
asked.  Are you doing anything like
http://slashdot.org/interviews/00/06/01/133232.shtml
this with Myrinet?

Regards, JF Harrison

@ 2000-12-19  6:30   ` Brian Orpin
From: Brian Orpin @ 2000-12-19  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:09:39 -0800, "JF Harrison"
<madscientist@colulus.net> wrote:

> [...]

No is the short answer.  The longer answer is that we are looking at
putting together a system with ~20 processors (probably PowerPC) to do
some frame rate work.  This will inevitably need interprocessor comms at
a fairly high rate and one of the suggestions is Myrinet.  It is all a
bit fuzzy at the moment.