From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Aspect CPU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 17:25:26 -0600
Date: 2014-01-15T17:25:26-06:00	[thread overview]

"Anh Vo" <anhvofrcaus@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:9e8a283e-997a-4409-ab3e-fe14a0904066@googlegroups.com...
On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:00:26 PM UTC-8, Simon Wright wrote:
>Thanks Simon. It is obviously I overlooked this section. After looking at
>this section carefully,
>paragraph 6/3 invokes my curiosity. My question is why aspect_specification
>is allowed in
>task body definition as paragraph 6/3 is repeated below for easy
>discussion.

The Language Design Principles at the start of subclause 13.1.1 of the AARM
goes into the reasons for the syntax of aspect specifications. We argued
about this a lot, and it became pretty clear that there was no perfect
solution.

The short answer is that virtually all kinds of (stand-alone) declarations
allow aspect specifications, and that includes all kinds of bodies.
13.1.1(17/3) notes that there many kinds of declarations that allow aspect
specifications, but have no language-defined aspects that can be specified
there. The primary reason for this is so that implementation-defined aspects
(and possible further language-defined aspects) can be placed there if that
makes sense. The AARM notes that an implementation will have to make up
rules for such aspects, as the language doesn't provide any.

                              Randy.