From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: pragma Linker_Options
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:10:25 GMT
Date: 2009-06-05T10:10:25+00:00	[thread overview]

For GNAT you can use all options except for mainprog.ali which must be given
in the command line.  Also all options for ld (listed below). But it wiser to
limit the use to special libraries or options like "-mwindows". It is better
to use common options in a script file or the non-portable (GNAT only)
project files.

Also, read program documentation for details on options and if they could be
conflicts if using a mix of options.

Usage: gnatlink switches mainprog.ali [non-Ada-objects] [linker-options]

  mainprog.ali   the ALI file of the main program

  -A    Binder generated source file is in Ada (default)
  -C    Binder generated source file is in C
  -f    force object file list to be generated
  -g    Compile binder source file with debug information
  -n    Do not compile the binder source file
  -v    verbose mode
  -v -v very verbose mode

  -o nam     Use 'nam' as the name of the executable
  -b target  Compile the binder source to run on target
  -Bdir      Load compiler executables from dir
  --GCC=comp Use comp as the compiler
  --LINK=nam Use 'nam' for the linking rather than 'gcc'

  [non-Ada-objects]  list of non Ada object files
  [linker-options]   other options for the linker

Usage: ld [-d] [-dc] [-dp] [-e symbol] [-l lib] [-n] [-noinhibit-exec]
       [-nostdlib] [-o file] [-r] [-s] [-t] [-u symbol] [-x] [-y symbol]
       [-z] [-A file] [-Bstatic] [-D size] [-L libdir] [-M] [-N]
       [-S] [-T[{text,data}] addr] [-V prefix] [-X] [file...]