* Re: A really dangerous virus!!! Can anyone help me at all??
       [not found] <39938155.42EA9CAF@student.uq.edu.au>
@ 2000-08-11  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2000-08-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Can someboby tell me what am I suppose to do??

	1. You are supposed to avoid sending MIME to comp.lang.ada
	2. You are supposed to avoid sending off-topic posts to comp.lang.ada

You have a computer security issue or a computer reliability issue.
Unless you are running software written in Ada, this is not the proper
newsgroup.

Larry Kilgallen

@ 2000-08-11  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-08-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

  YQ <s363846@student.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> I was trying to download shockwave from a location and after I finish
> downloading it, explorer terminated and later all program couldn't be
> used. I couldn't get into windows after I restart my computer
> and everytime I run scandisk from dos more problem was found and in
> fixing it, scandisk actually created more problem (creating unreadable
> text with some file size up to 2GB)
>
> I couldn't help it so I had to format my computer but After I formated
> my computer, the problem still exsist!!!
> Can someboby tell me what am I suppose to do??  thankyou very much if
> anyone can

Well, for better reliability in the future, you could avoid running
programs like ShockWave and scandisk and explorer that weren't written
in Ada. That's pretty impractical advice, but the only advice I can give
that would be even remotely on-topic in the Ada newsgroup you posted to.

Perhaps you were hoping we'd all get incensed by your plight, and go out
and rewrite Shockwave and scandisk and explorer in Ada for you? If
that's the case, you should go check out
http://www.adapower.com/lab/adaos.html

(my apologies in advance to Nick Roberts et. al.)

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.