From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@nospam.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Number of possible values in of enumerated type
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 21:45:53 GMT
Date: 2009-06-08T21:45:53+00:00	[thread overview]

Gautier wrote:

> Did I overlook a specific attribute, or do I always need to write:
>
>   Blah'Pos(Blah'Last)+1
>
> for getting the number of possible values of an enumerated type ?

You didn't overlook anything. Note, however, that your solution fails for some
constrained subtypes:

type E is (A, B, C);
subtype F is E range B .. C;

F'Pos (F'Last) = E'Pos (E'Last) = 2, so F'Pos (F'Last) + 1 gives 3, which is a
problem if you want the number of values in subtype F (2). The general solution is

S'Pos (S'Last) - S'Pos (S'First) + 1

--
Jeff Carter
"Now look, Col. Batguano, if that really is your name."