* operating support (ada95 - objectada)
@ 2002-10-06  3:25 neil
From: neil @ 2002-10-06  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, does objectada (ada95) run on Windows2000 Pro?  It's just I
don't wanna download a 80mb file on my 56k unless I'm sure it'll work
:)

I was told by someone it only runs on Win9X and maybe XP
Thanks for any replies..

* Re: operating support (ada95 - objectada)
@ 2002-10-06  9:55 ` Vincent Decorges
From: Vincent Decorges @ 2002-10-06  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

neil wrote:

> Well, does objectada (ada95) run on Windows2000 Pro?  It's just I
> don't wanna download a 80mb file on my 56k unless I'm sure it'll work
> :)
>
> I was told by someone it only runs on Win9X and maybe XP
> Thanks for any replies..

Yes it works without problems. I run it on Win XP, 98 and 2000 Pro

* Re: operating support (ada95 - objectada)
@ 2002-10-06 14:53 ` SteveD
From: SteveD @ 2002-10-06 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

"neil" <nmckeown@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Well, does objectada (ada95) run on Windows2000 Pro?  It's just I
> don't wanna download a 80mb file on my 56k unless I'm sure it'll work
> :)
>
> I was told by someone it only runs on Win9X and maybe XP
> Thanks for any replies..

You were misinformed.  It runs on NT and W2k as well.

SteveD

* Re: operating support (ada95 - objectada)
@ 2002-10-08 21:39   ` neil
From: neil @ 2002-10-08 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks guys, just a couple more questions:

Say if I downloaded the latest version of objectada and my college had
a older one, would they conflict or be okay?

Where can I get the latest release of objectada?

Any decent tutorial or websites referring to ada95?

Thanks again,
Neil.

@ 2002-10-08 22:06     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-10-08 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

nmckeown@btinternet.com (neil) writes:

> Thanks guys, just a couple more questions:
>
> Say if I downloaded the latest version of objectada and my college had
> a older one, would they conflict or be okay?

I think you can install them side by side; depends on whether they use
the registry intelligently (I'm assuming Windows here).

> Where can I get the latest release of objectada?

beats me :).

www.adapower.com

--
-- Stephe

* Re: operating support (ada95 - objectada)
@ 2002-10-09  3:09       ` Ze Administrator
From: Ze Administrator @ 2002-10-09  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>Say if I downloaded the latest version of objectada and my college had
>>a older one, would they conflict or be okay?
>
> I think you can install them side by side; depends on whether they use
> the registry intelligently (I'm assuming Windows here).

What IQ are you assuming for "intelligently" ?

When installed, OA lists itself as the app to open
for any .ads or .adb files.  If another program
(such as GNAT) is already registered for that, it
silently takes them away from that program.

This can make for odd behavior in the other program.

Disclaimer: I observed this behavior two years ago.
It may be better now.  It _should_ prompt the user
whether or not to do the override.  If you override,
and then run uninstall of the other, you could delete
files needed for OA (or vice versa).

* Re: operating support (ada95 - objectada)
@ 2002-10-09 12:28     ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-10-09 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

neil wrote:

> Say if I downloaded the latest version of objectada and my college had
> a older one, would they conflict or be okay?

Not likely. The demo version that you can download is quite old. :-)

> Where can I get the latest release of objectada?

http://www.aonix.com/content/products/forms/oa_win_dnld.html is where
you can go to get the OA demo (or "Spcial Edition"). It is nowhere near
the "latest version" though. For that, you'll have to send some dough to
Aonix.